Monday, July 3, 2023

A Blob

I decided to pull out one of my old watercolor books today and paint along with one of the demonstrations. Well. It did not turn out. What's supposed to be a drift of wildflowers looks like a blob, a nicely colored blob, but a blob nevertheless. I think I need to be more patient letting the paint dry between steps. I like the sky, though, and the tiny birds. I'll try again.



Not many birds showed up at the feeders today. This Sparrow was one of the few. There was a big Starling on the same feeder right after this but it flew away before I could take a picture. It was a good thing that I mowed yesterday because today was hot, humid, and not breezy.


Drawing went better than painting today. I used the Draw 20 Butterflies and Other Things with Wings book and had fun. I like the swooping lines of the Hummingbird and the spare lines of the Dragonfly.


I spent quite a bit of the afternoon writing another manuscript scene. I kept the first draftiness of it in mind so I had an easier time just blabbering along on the page. I crossed over the 80k word mark today and I know that there's a lot more story that needs writing. There will be a lot of editing in my future. A. Lot.


The rest of the afternoon I lolled on the couch watching back-to-back Longmire episodes. I blame Lala for saying that she'd started watching it and I should give it another try. Yeah, it's not the same as the novels but it has its own charm. I'm even getting used to seeing Lou Diamond Phillips as Henry Standing Bear even though Henry is supposed to be a big man and Lou isn't as imposing as I envisioned him. Ah well. It's TV.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Happy Birthday USA!!! I'm celebrating by playing bridge and refusing to cook. It is Independence Day so I'm being independent!!