Saturday, July 15, 2023

Now You See It, Now You Don't

I got lucky this morning. I was looking out the patio door when a Hummingbird came to the feeder so I grabbed the camera, framed the shot, and the bird moved to a different spot on the feeder. I took the picture anyway. On the left side you can just barely see its belly and tail. It's been so long since I saw one that I'm putting the picture on here even though you can't really see the bird. But I know it's there.



Yesterday I days-numbered the Daily Practices and realized this morning that I was one off so I went back through the drawings and realized that I skipped Day 4--Leaf. *sigh* So I drew Leaves first and then drew Ferns which is Day 14. Now I'm caught up. I was sure that I'd hate drawing Ferns but I like the way they turned out.


I started another pass through 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish so the first thing I drew was a jellyfish, then a pufferfish, an anemone, a Manta ray, a seahorse, and a squid. I just love drawing these little ink creatures. I know they're not as colorful as the chibis or the cute things or the Seuss-ian drawings but, dang it, they make me feel like I can draw.


I spent most of the afternoon working on writing. I managed a few pages of scene-lets. What I wrote were three or four short pieces that might fit in there somewhere someday. One came out of left field but maybe it'll make it into the final draft. As always, I'm just happy to have written.



After supper I went downstairs and picked out my next sock yarn and grabbed a little skein of dishcloth cotton to cast on a warshrag so I'll have two projects to take along next weekend. I also knitted a couple rounds of the Rainbow Brioche Beanie. I meant to knit more on it but it's excruciatingly hard for me to knit so I quit after two rounds. I'm never going to get the additional 2" I need to get to the crown decreases. Which might be a good thing since I can't envision how the crown decreases work. Gah!


I also folded a basket of clean laundry. There are no photos.

--Barbara

No comments: