Thursday, July 20, 2023

Bloomed

That rosebud that I showed you last night opened up today and it's gorgeous. We had a rain shower this afternoon and I went out afterward to take a rose picture and the water droplets sparkle in it.


I also took a good long look at the rose bush and found this biggish bud with two smaller ones nestled below it so maybe I'll be having roses for a while yet. Thanks, Dad!


Rain. Hooray, we had rain. It looked like it was going to rain and then it didn't. But just as I was getting ready to go on an errand I heard something, looked out, and it was pouring. Instead of going out in the rain I ran a sink of dishwater and washed up a few things waiting until the rain stopped. A better plan than going out dodging raindrops.



This morning I made the Farro Salad to take up to CS's cottage tomorrow. I was able to snip a couple stems of basil from my neighbor's plant and made a double batch of dressing for the salad. It's so good but I only had a nibble. I'm saving it for tomorrow night. Cross my heart.


The Daily Practice today was Spice Jars. Not my first favorite thing to draw and I might have trouble with straight lines and symmetry but they're not too bad. I think I need to slow down. As you can see I ran out of the big drawing pad so now I'm down to drawing one day's worth a day. Making it last.



Then I picked out a few pages in 20 Ways to Draw a Tree and drew a leaf, an acorn, a snowflake, berries, an herb, and a snail. Most of them turned out the way I'd hoped.


And I did laundry today. Ugh. Four loads of laundry and I had to fold sheets. Double ugh.

I didn't make a new category ad for Horizon yet today but I did spend some time checking out other titles in the same category and realized that my blurb was missing some things--like the romantic partner that puts it in the romance category. So in between laundry loads I worked to rewrite the blurb and got it changed on Amazon. I'm focusing on Horizon because it's the one that gets the fewest impressions and clicks hoping that I can give it a boost. Now I'll go do my homework and make a new ad.

Oh, I'm off with knitting friends tomorrow and will be away for the weekend. I'll see you back here on Sunday night.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Have fun with your writing friends this weekend. Sounds like you'll eat well -- your salad looks delicious. Ahhhh - that rose! And with sparkling raindrops. Beautiful.