Saturday, July 29, 2023

Over 30 Years

This afternoon DS, LC, OJ, and I drove down to Sheboygan to witness the renewal of vows of my brother AJ and his wife K. They had it at the yacht club so Lake Michigan was the backdrop. They had drinks, hors d'oeuvres, cake, and dancing. We didn't stay for the dancing because the kids needed to get home and into bed at a reasonable time. We didn't manage that either but we tried.



This morning on my way to the grocery store I tootled around to four Little Free Libraries in the neighborhood and dropped off a book in each one. I know it's not a sale but it is another way to get my books out there.


Still no Japanese Beetles on Dad's rose.



First thing this morning a Downy Woodpecker showed up on the suet cakes again. Yesterday's male visitor must have spread the word.


While waiting for my ride to Sheboygan I sat down and drew a few things out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish. Which one is my favorite? I think maybe the sea serpent is the one I like best.


I bought a family pack of boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I have marinating in the fridge overnight. I'll fire up the grill tomorrow and have 10 days worth of suppers. I'm doing that because I'm just not in the mood for a week of Investment Cooking. I've got one week's worth of suppers in the freezer yet so I can eat chicken until it runs out and then maybe I'll feel like cooking.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Sounds like a romantic event! Good for them. And so nice that you guys could be there.