Saturday, July 1, 2023

Two Birds Are Better Than One

There were a zillion Mourning Doves pecking around at the fallen seed and at each other all day today. I see them all the time and seldom take a picture but this Bluejay was prospecting around under the peanut wreath to see if any had fallen and I managed to get a halfway decent photo of it.



Then a Downy Woodpecker landed on the suet pellets feeder and battled a couple Sparrows for space on the feeder. It drove the Sparrows away.


Now that I trimmed the overhanging branches I can see that the orange day lilies flowers are visible. Before I trimmed they were hidden by all the leaves and shadows.



And the Stella d'Oro lilies are still blooming. Not as many as before but a couple plants are still showing off.


I drew a few things out of 20 Ways to Draw a Jellyfish--a lobster, a narwhal, a nautilus, and an octopus.


I didn't have a lot of oomph today so I mostly sat around watching TV. I put fresh sheets on the bed and didn't even manage to get the dirty ones into the washer. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow or maybe not. They're in the basement. Out of sight, out of mind. I definitely have to mow tomorrow, no procrastinating.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Yesterday was sheets-changing day at my house too. I did, however, throw mine in the laundry. That was enough for one day! Don't want to overdo!!