Monday, November 1, 2021

A Surprise Survivor

I looked across the front of the house this morning and was surprised to see a tiny spot of red.  I went shivering out in the cold north wind to see a Dad's rosebud wavering in the breeze.  I think the only reason it's still alive is that it's sheltered on the south side of the house and against the brick facade.

 


The mums are still blooming raucously.  My favorite golden ones are glowing.

 

I've started the crown of the Eagle Eye Beanie.  I have my doubts that it will fit me but I couldn't face ripping it out to start over.  We'll see how it ends up.

 


I was filled with trepidation at today's drawing lesson in the 30 Days book.  It was drawing a face.  First he had you trace a face sketched by DaVinci over and over until you were comfortable with it.  Then he gave step-by-step instructions on drawing a face from scratch.  I didn't do too badly I think.  I meed lots more practice, especially the mouth, but it's not bad for a first try.

 

To clear out the concentration tension in my shoulders I tackled the next two lessons in the Draw Squad book.  I realized when I sketched a little bear face in my journal that I'm a lot more confident drawing the cartoons.


Today's toss was an old wallet.  An empty wallet.  I double-checked.

The prompt today said if your life was a video game, what would it be called.  If my life was a video game I think it would be called Yawn.  All I do is knit, write, and draw every day, and I cook like a crazy person every six weeks.  Like I said, Yawn.

I did the shopping for Investment Cooking this morning and only spent $85.  I was sure it'd be at least $100 with the way prices have risen.  Eighty-five divided by six is only about $14 a week.  Not bad.  Even better I found out from the cashier that I can start taking my reusable bags again and not have to have a half-dozen of those awful plastic bags.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

The last rose of summer. And a very pretty one at that. You're an amazing grocery shopper to only spend $14 a meal for two weeks. I need to get organized and try to emulate you.