Friday, November 12, 2021

Look!

A hawk! I was eating my lunch and looked up to see a Red-tailed Hawk sitting on the fence looking for its lunch too.  I filled all the feeders this morning after I went out to blow the leaves so there was a lot for it to pick from. I don't think it caught anything though. It flew off disappointed.



At breakfast I saw a flash of red and there was the male Red-bellied Woodpecker at the suet pellets and it was polite enough to move its head around to the side so that I could take its picture.


I spent a lot of the day writing the two NaNoWriMo segments today. I'm thrilled to say that I got two days' worth done again today. Here's hoping the story keeps flowing


All of the writing and Zooming I did today didn't leave a lot of drawing time but I did manage one lesson. This is from the You Cn Draw it in 30 Minutes book and it's supposed to be a basket of tomatoes. It's recognizable as a basket of something but I can't say it's definitely tomatoes. Could be apples. Could be potatoes. But it's done. Maybe if I hurry through this blog post I'll have time to draw the bonus lesson for today--whatever it is--before bedtime.


Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished Bib #4 for my neighbors' baby-to-be. She told me they said it's a girl so I had to make a pink one.



Then I cast on and started a preemie hat, just to have something to knit.


Today's toss was a couple craft items I don't think I'll use. Ever.  Watch, as soon as I deliver this batch of tosses to Goodwill or St. Vincent de Paul I'll think of a use for them.  Ah, well.

The prompt today said "the more there is to see." So I wrote about gathering the fallen leaves and how they're all different colors and species but they cling to each other, gather together, and how I wish people could get over their differences and be like the leaves.

It was chilly and windy when I was out blowing the leaves. They were wet and the leaf blower batteries only last about 15 minutes each so I use them up and then have to wait hours for them to be recharged. Makes me wish I'd spent a little more money and gotten a better leaf blower. I'll finish up tomorrow now that the batteries are full up again. I need the wind to blow from the northeast so that I'm not working against the wind getting the leaves to the curb.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You had a busy day but got a lot done. Blowing wet leaves had to be a struggle. Especially doing it in the wind. Good girl!