Saturday, November 27, 2021

Only A Little

We had some snow flurries this afternoon but only a little stuck to the grass and the pavement. They threatened us with one to two inches of the stuff but, happily, they were wrong. You can see the little bit of snow that stuck behind this Bluejay that swooped down for a drink. It tried to get a turn on the cob corn but there were two squirrels hogging it.



This squirrel spent a good amount of time on the suet cakes and evidently needed a drink when it was done nibbling the suet.


I figured out how to get through the grocery on a Saturday--go early. I awoke at 8 o'clock, threw on some yoga pants and a hoodie, had breakfast, brushed my teeth, and was at the store by 8:45, home by 9:30 with most of the things I meant to get. Why do I always forget to put a couple items on my list and then remember them as I am unloading the groceries? I do it almost every time.



After grocery shopping I sat down and wrote the November 27th NaNoWriMo segment. I think I just might see where the story is going. I can't be sure and I have three more segments to figure it out. Of course, there's nothing that says I can't keep writing after November 30th. I probably will.


Drawing was okay today. The lesson in You Can Draw In 30 Minutes today was Pencil. Not one of my nemesis pencils from the other drawing book, but a realistic pencil which was somehow easier to draw. I should practice and practice drawing those pencils until I can do them easily. I might.



Once the Pencil drawing was over I pulled out one of the newt pictures I printed off the other day and drew that. This is a better newt than the one I drew the other day. Lots better.


After supper I pulled out the purple (with sparkle) yarn and crocheted the first purple snowball. I learned that I need to be in better light or sunny daylight because my old eyes have a hard time seeing the stitches in that dark purple yarn.


Today's toss was a linen jacket that I've kept for about 15 years and haven't worn more than once or twice since I bought it for DS and DIL1's wedding.

The prompt today asked where you would like to escape to. I thought and thought and realized that I don't want to escape. I like my life just the way it is. I have most of my family near (although I miss my Kentucky family every day) and I like things just the way they are. I'm happy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I do the same thing -- make a list, go to the grocery and then as soon as I get back, start a list of what I forgot. You're not alone. The purple snowball looks like a lump of coal. Definitely avoid that one when you're in a snowball fight.