Wednesday, November 24, 2021

Sea Creatures

That's what I got to draw today. The lesson and bonus lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes were a seahorse and a leafy sea dragon. Oh boy. They weren't too difficult and I also discovered how to enlarge the figures so that I could see what the directions meant. It only took me ten lessons to figure that out. First was the seahorse. I've never seen one with its tail stretched out but maybe that's a Texas aquarium type of seahorse because that's where the author said he was drawing the lesson.



Then the bonus lesson was a leafy sea dragon. I thought that would be really difficult but it was fairly simple. And cool to draw. I enjoyed today's lesson and I even practiced drawing one of those dreaded pencils that gives me so much trouble once I was done. Now I want to draw more fish.


I've been watching the little Chickadees flit around the feeders and thought maybe I could draw one but they don't hold still long enough so I was reduced to pulling out a bird book and trying my hand at drawing one.  I don't think it did too badly, although it's not quite round enough.



There weren't many interesting birds to see today. The only one I took a picture of was this bottom half of a Downy Woodpecker contorting itself so that it could peck away at the suet pellets.


The greedy white-bellied squirrel had a fun time on the suet cakes. It tried a few different grips but this is the one that it stuck to. Must have made it easy to nibble the suet.



In the afternoon I realized that I didn't have anything on the needles so I dug out a basic pattern, cast on, and started knitting the brim of a new hat. This yarn is called Stained Glazz so that's what I'm calling the hat. My last two hats turned out big, huge even, so I went down a needle size and I'm not making the largest size. Now watch, it'll turn out too small. But it'll fit some head so I'm not worried.


I threw away the pumpkin pie. I couldn't keep my hands off it and knew if I kept it I'd eat it all in the next few days so I tossed it. I know it's terrible to waste food like that but I couldn't keep eating it, not with Thanksgiving looming on the horizon when I plan to have a little bit of just about everything which will be more than plenty.

Today's toss was a book that I won't read again. It isn't a bad book but it's not one that I'll reread.

The prompt today said that a municipality puts truth serum in its water to combat crime. Write about what happens. Yikes! Can you imagine? "Honey, does this make me look fat?" "You look like the south end of a northbound cow." Catastrophic. No good can come of that little stunt.

Happy Thanksgiving! I always tell people to eat lots of pie and I was following my own exhortation which is why the pie is no more.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Happy Thanksgiving! Enjoy everything that's on the table today. You've already paid your dues by tossing that pumpkin pie. I have a feeling we might be doing the same thing tomorrow. But all bets are off for today.