Thursday, November 18, 2021

Drawing & Writing

 That's pretty much all I did today, drawing and writing. The first thing this morning I pulled out my sketchbook and drew my first not-copied picture. Across from where I sit at the table is a poster-sized underwater picture that I took years ago. In the middle of that picture is an arrow crab. I drew the arrow crab. They are one of my favorite underwater critters. They have a frowny little face and their claws look like little purple boxing gloves. What's not to love?


Then I sat myself down and started writing. It was a little harder to get going today. My plan to dream about the story and figure it out in my sleep didn't work, I didn't even get a title, so I just buckled down and kept writing the story. Pretty soon I'm going to run out of ways to show you that I'm writing but I'll keep on figuring it out.


After I got today's two 1,700 word writing segments done I opened the iPad to the You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes lesson on drawing a sunflower. I was kind of dreading it because it looked complicated but it really was easy and kind of quick to draw. He breaks the drawings down into a blueprint of simple shapes and this is the first one where I really connected with it. Seven lessons into the book and I'm finally getting the hang of it.



The only bird I caught sight of on this cold and windy day was this lone Junco pecking along the edge of the patio. Usually Juncos are in a small flock but this guy is evidently a loner.


I forgot to find something to toss today and also forgot to open the prompt book. I did a lot more struggling with this morning's writing than I have been, the afternoon's went more smoothly.

We had the second to the last Bay Lakes Knitting Guild meeting tonight. LB brought all of the charity yarn for people to take and I opened up the Library cart for people to take whatever knitting books they wanted. We left the remaining yarn at the church where we meet for the charity knitting group there but I have all of the remaining library books in bags in the back of my car. I'm hoping to be able to drop them off at the downtown library tomorrow. Then that will only leave the nine bags of donated books that never made it into the guild library due to COVID. This pandemic can be over any day now. LC and OJ's school closed today for two weeks because of an outbreak. DS and DIL1 don't need that kind of stress. None of us do.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your sunflower is a work of art! You're getting better all the time. I thought the shot of your laptop and chair was an office somewhere. And I guess it is -- it's your private office at home.