Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Icy

 When I opened the curtains yesterday I saw that the birdbath was frozen, at least the surface of it was, so it was time to dig out the birdbath heater and the rock I use to hold it in place and install it.  This morning a Mourning Dove was enjoying a little bath in the not-frozen water but I wasn't fast enough to get a picture because a squirrel leaped up and scared everyone away.



I noticed when I left to go get my flu and booster shots this morning that the bronze mums are starting to look bedraggled so I'm putting on one last picture of them in their heyday.


Today's drawing lesson was a challenging one.  Not quite as challenging as yesterday's face but it was an eye.  Just one eye that I drew at least a half-dozen times before I was happy with what I did.



The Draw Squad lesson was a bit more challenging than usual too or maybe I was a bit more clumsy than before but I only got the one lesson accomplished today.  And I did a lot of erasing.  A lot.



I finished the crown of the Eagle Eye Beanie this evening.  The hat sits on my head, it doesn't hug my head, but I think I'll be able to wear it.

Today's toss was a Tupperware-like container with a lid that isn't something I'll use.

The prompt today asked whose work you admire and why.  I had a think and came up with DS  I admire his hard work getting the brewery and taproom up and keeping it running throughout the pandemic.  He's worked so hard and so long and is keeping the doors open.

I thought about cooking one of the Investment Cooking recipes today since I bought all the ingredients yesterday but I just didn't feel like it.  I'll dive in tomorrow.  I have a week's worth of meals left so I'm not in dire need just yet.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Can't believe there was ice on the birdbath. But the seasons change whether we're ready or not. Love the beanie and hope you wear it. Good work on the eye drawing.