Monday, November 8, 2021

I Bought Another Drawing Book

Actually I bought two of them, one for the Kindle that I got immediately and the other a paperback that'll be here tomorrow.  Good ol' Amazon Prime doesn't drag its heels, it delivers at lightning speed.  Both of the books are by Mark Kistler, the author of the two books I've been drawing from for the last month.  I realized today that I'm one lesson away from being done with both books and was either going to restart them (or one of them, at least) or I had to find more how-to books.  Since I'm familiar with Mark's style of teaching and I'm such a fan of his cartoon-y style, I got one of each.  The Kindle book is more "real" drawing and the one coming tomorrow looks more cartoon-y.  We'll see.  I'm having fun and it's not fattening.  Although I'm in a period of wanting to eat everything all the time so I'm struggling with food.  Probably a biological imperative facing the onset of winter.  Gotta stoke up.  Maybe I'll make some soup... that usually makes me feel like I'm taking extra-good care of myself, and I've got some cooked chicken aging in the freezer.  Yeah, time to make soup.

I looked outside to see a flash of raspberry pink at the feeder.  It was a male House Finch posing in the sunshine.  He's bright for this time of year, they're usually much duller going into winter.  I don't mind, any splash of color is appreciated.




Speaking of a splash of color, the male Downy Woodpecker showed off his red swoosh across the back of his head when he was pecking away at the suet cakes today.



The white-bellied squirrel had a good time on the suet pellets.  He hung there for the longest time.  He'd nibble away at them and then dangle down to rest, holding on with his back feet.  I think that would feel very good to have my spine stretched out like that.  Ahhh.



I'm not going to show you the first two pictures I drew from the Kindle book.  They're a banana and a mouth.  Both aren't bad but they're not as interesting as my page of six little cartoons.  At least I think the cartoons are more interesting.


Today's toss was an old baby monitor that Durwood bought so that he could hear when the wash was done and the dryer shut off.  I've been using them off and on but the last time I turned them on all I could hear was interference and not the laundry.  Into the trash they went.

The prompt today said that you absentmindedly glance into a window and see something unexpected.  Naked.  There's a naked old lady adjusting that window shade.  Does she realize that she can be seen?  Isn't she cold?  I could go on, but why.  Sorry, that's what popped into my head.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I'd like to have my spine stretched too -- but not hanging from my feet! Definitely soup weather in your part of the world. Chilly down here too.