Friday, November 19, 2021

A Play Day


I had a pair of assistants today so instead of focusing on writing and drawing, I focused on playing. It was fun and it was exhausting. First I did a little drawing, a command drawing. OJ asked me to copy a Dr. Seuss mosquito. I think I did a creditable job. He gave me an A+. First one I've had in a very long time.



Then the three of us bundled up against the cold wind and took this box of yarn snowballs out into the backyard and had a snowball fight. I crocheted these about five years ago and we never used them. I remembered them last night (when I couldn't fall asleep) so I dug them out and finally put them to good use. We'll for sure do that again. It was fun and OJ has ordered some red ones, red being his favorite color. I'll probably make some in purple too which is LC's favorite color.


The sun was just right when this House Finch landed on the platform feeder early this morning. And the sun was out then too. For most of the day it was overcast and dreary.

 


I changed to the big needles last night after knitting enough brim and got started on the body of the Rainbow Bulky Beanie.  Only about an inch left to go before it's time to begin the crown decreases. This is one happy hat.


I took the bags of knitting books down to the library to donate them today and the assistants and I perused the children's department and each found at least one book to check out. OJ helped me find a Dr. Seuss book with pictures I can try to copy. He found a couple I Can Read books and LC found a couple chapter books. After we left the library we went to a park where we played for about an hour until we got too cold so we went back to their house for hot chocolate, reading, and more drawing. A fun day.

Today's toss was a trio of scarves that don't coordinate with my red coat or are too scratchy to be worn against my tender neck.

Once again I neglected to write a daily prompt but I did manage to steal enough time away to write one NaNoWriMo segment today. That puts me one behind on catching up but that's okay, at least I got one in the binder for today.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You could be Dr. Seuss' assistant. Love that mosquito drawing. Also love those snowballs. What a great idea for fun time with the kiddoes. Sounds like a wonderful day.