Thursday, November 25, 2021

Happy Turkey Day!

The day didn't start out very happy. Look what it was doing outside all morning and into the afternoon. Snow flurries. Wet sloppy snow flurries that stuck to the grass and made the pavement wet. And I had to drive 30 miles to Thanksgiving dinner but the highway was mostly dry by the time I went so it was all good. Whew.


I spent an hour or so writing the day's NaNoWriMo segment. Got over 1800 words today but then I was writing about a night dive and I can go on and on and on about diving. I still don't know what's the ultimate plot of this thing but as I keep saying, I'm just happy to be writing.



The lesson in the You Can Draw in 30 Seconds book was Blocks, so I drew stacks of blocks in many different configurations, mostly stacked up in a pyramid or triangle with doors or holes and lots of shading. It's tricky to get all the parts drawn in the time limit he puts on the timed challenges. I confess that if I'm not quite done with the shading when the timer goes off I count it as a win. Hey, it's not a graded course.


But first I drew a Doodlebug and a Newt (from my imagination, as OJ says) because that's what I called OJ and LC when they were really little. My newt looks more like an alligator but I just googled newts and saved a few pictures to print out for reference pictures. I'll try again tomorrow.



Thanksgiving dinner was delicious. It was great to be together and so good to be included in DIL1's family. There was smoked turkey and deep fried turkey, it was hard to choose a favorite so I brought home some of each. The sides were plentiful and fat filled and the pies, oh, the pies. Since I had gorged on pumpkin pie I went for the pecan pie. KZ makes an awesome bourbon pecan pie every year. It's worth the wait. The onion bread was a hit too.


Today's toss was a knitting book that I'll never knit from. It's sweaters and I'm off sweater knitting and never was real enthusiastic about it in the first place.

The prompt today said to write a poem about wrath. Not a very cheerful subject for Thanksgiving day but I managed to scribble a few lines about anger and wrath and how it eats your guts. Cheery.

I hope you all had a wonderful day. I did and, man, am I full.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That Thanksgiving spread looks wonderful. We had the usual but all take-out from Publix! Still lots of leftovers and we all know that's the best part of Thanksgiving! I'm already looking forward to a turkey sandwich with cranberry sauce for lunch.