Friday, November 26, 2021

Sixteen

That was the temperature when I went out to swap the lawnmower for the snowblower this morning. Sixteen degrees. On Wednesday the temperature got up to 50 degrees. I don't understand the weather anymore. I got the lawnmower wedged into the shed. It never occurred to me that the new lawnmower's handle doesn't fold in the middle so it barely fits into the shed and the door touches the handle but it closes. Whew.



Then I had to push the not-running snowblower around the house and up the driveway into the garage. That thing is heavy. Every year I wonder if I'll be able to put it up into the garage. It has an electric start so it needs to be plugged in to start it and I can't plug it in in the backyard without hauling out a big extension cord so I just rely on brute force to move it. Once I had it in the garage I did start it to make sure that it will start when I need to blow the snow that's sure to come eventually.


Once I got the mower and blower moved I filled the birdfeeders and this squirrel found the peanuts and spent the rest of the day stretching over from the crook to wriggle out a nut and then carry it off. Over and over and over. It even chased away another squirrel that was awaiting its turn. Greedy.



I was happy to see a Nuthatch on the suet pellets this afternoon. It's so rare that I can catch one in a picture that I'm even happy with this slightly blurry one.


Today I finished up yesterday's drawing lesson. I was supposed to draw two piles of blocks like this and put ramps on one stack and troughs and pop-outs on the other but I wasn't inspired by the challenge so I combined them. Look at me, I'm the boss of my drawings.



Then I was amused by this Embellishment! picture so I drew it too. I like the pointy headed birds piled in the box.



Once I was done drawing I crocheted another red snowball. This one is closer to the pattern, I think, but they all look good to me. Red is my favorite color, OJ's too.



Tonight at Friday Night Knitting I finished the brim ribbing and got to work on the body of the Stained Glazz hat. For some reason the body seemed to go much more slowly than the ribbing. Don't know why.


Today's toss was another knitting book that I'll never use.

Once again I forgot or neglected to open the writing prompt book. Instead I wrote the 26th NaNoWriMo segment. My nice-guy main male character threw a fit, stormed out of the house and came home drunk. Gotta do something to bring conflict into the story even if I still don't know where it's going.

I just realized that I need to go to the grocery for lunch food tomorrow morning and tomorrow is Saturday. I try to avoid the grocery on Saturdays. Ah well, it should be interesting being in that crowd.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Lawnmower to snowblower sounds like an Olympic event. But now you're ready for winter and the inevitable snow. I'm with you and OJ -- red is my favorite color too. Even for snowballs!