Sunday, November 14, 2021

Ack!

Look what we woke up to this morning. At least an inch of wet heavy snow, and it flurried at times through the day. Yuk. I had to go out and shovel the driveway. The only good thing about that is that I took a broom out with me and swept all the cobwebs and spider nests and dead grass away from the electric eyes and the bottom of the garage door and that fixed it. Hooray! Now I don't have to call the fixit guy or pay the fixit guy. Two good things. One not so good thing is that the snow covered the leaf pile I made yesterday and I suspect that the leaf pickup people have turned into the snow removal people and won't switch back to gather the remaining leaves. I was happy to see that I'm not the only one with a big pile of leaves in their yard so maybe we'll get lucky and they'll make one more pass.



I sat down this morning and pounded out one of the day's novel segments and then after I spent the early part of the afternoon at Zambaldi Beer knitting with friends, I came home and wrote the second novel segment. So far I'm keeping up my resolution to write 2 per day until I'm caught up and can slack off and only write one per day.


While knitting at Zambaldi (which I meant to take a picture of and forgot, dang it) I finished knitting November Preemie Hat #1. This yarn is some Red Heart Super Saver I picked up from LB's charity knitting bins on her porch last week. I love the way the colors came out. I might just have to cast on another hat using the same yarn.



Once the writing was done for the day I cracked open the iPad to draw the next lesson in You Can Draw It in 30 Minutes. It's a boot. How dull, I thought, how easy. And then it took me two tries to get something that looks like an actual foot will fit in it. 



Then to amuse myself I picked one of the Dr. Seuss pictures I took of OJ's book last week and drew myself a Seuss bird. It makes me so happy that I can sit down and copy one of his drawings. Almost like I know what I'm doing.


I didn't toss anything (except shovels full of snow) and I didn't write the prompt today. Taking three hours to go knit with friends took precedence over those two things. Besides it's Sunday, I get a break from some things on Sundays.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Thought of you yesterday while we watched the Packers game. (I thought they'd NEVER make a TD.) So I saw your snow but know you got to see the fly-over. Glad you had a little knitting party. That preemie hat is darling.