Sunday, November 21, 2021

I'm Caught Up

It was a bit of a slog but I got two NaNoWriMo segments written today, got my characters out of the courtroom, and back to the beach. That means that from now until the end of the month I only have to write one segment a day. Hooray! I still don't really know where this story is headed or even what the title should be but I'm so happy to be writing at it that I'm not too fussed about it.

It got windy this afternoon when I was writing. A cold front came roaring in and at one point I looked up and we were in the middle of a snow squall. It was snowing so thickly that it even showed up on a picture. The wind was so fierce that it radiated the cold through the walls and I ended up putting a cardigan on over my hoodie so I didn't freeze while I was finishing up my writing.



The only bird I saw today was this House Finch that managed to land on the wildly swinging platform feeder. I'm amazed that the picture is in focus and the feeder looks level.


Drawing today wasn't very interesting. I tackled the timed challenges of the Tube lesson from yesterday so all I have is a lot of parallel lines with contour lines between them. Interesting to draw but not much to look at.



After supper I peeked ahead at the next You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes lesson. It was to draw a nose, his nose, or your nose if you took a selfie. I just went with his nose. Well, noses. Fairly easy to draw and also not very interesting. There must be a larger purpose to drawing something so plain.


We had that snow squall in the afternoon and when that passed the sun came out so I tried to capture the sun as it headed for the horizon behind the neighbor's house. Not a landmark sunset but it was nice to see the sun and imagine its warmth.



I finished the Rainbow Bulky Beanie tonight. The crown decreases go fast when you use big yarn and big needles. The pattern shows a big pompom on the top but I think if I skip it I'll have enough yarn to knit another whole hat. We'll see.


Once again I forgot to toss anything and forgot to crack open the prompt book but writing ten pages of manuscript makes up for not writing that single page in the prompt book. I think.

One of these days this week, maybe Wednesday after my haircut, I need to make Onion Bread because that's what I said I'd bring for Thanksgiving dinner and that's on Thursday. Already. How does it sneak up on us like that? It's not like a new holiday or anything.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

That snow squall picture is amazing. I felt as though I was in it! Glad it "squalled" through and the sun came out for you. Cute hat. Love all those colors.