Wednesday, November 17, 2021

First The Birds

When I opened the drapes this morning a little Chickadee was busy on the platform feeder pounding a seed it held in its foot. I love the little birds, they're so brash and fearless. They're usually the ones that are sitting in the honeysuckle urging me to hurry up when I'm filling the feeders.



Then the Cardinal came again. People say that Cardinals are the spirits of loved ones gone before. If that's the case then Durwood has been here a lot this week. I know it has to be him because he's been in my dreams as I'm waking up just about every morning this week. I like it but it makes me feel a bit sad. Stupid grief.


I wrote my two segments again today. It's getting a bit harder to crank out that many words without a clear vision of where I'm going. Maybe I'll concentrate on that as I'm falling asleep and will dream of the solution or at least a title.


The lesson in You Can Draw it In 30 Seconds today was Flag. I kept my head down and did all of the timed and un-timed challenges in the lesson instead of leaving a couple for the next time I opened the book. I'm not a fan of the roses he has us draw in the Flag lesson. They just don't look like roses to me but I have my doubts that I could draw a real rose.



Once again I copied some of the Embellished! pictures at the end of the chapter. It kind of irks me that I don't seem to be able to come up with my own pictures to draw but I'm happy that I can copy what's in the book. Maybe one day...


After supper and after drawing I knitted a few rounds on the Rainbow Bulky Beanie. I have hopes that the yarn will soften up and fluff up when I wash it once the hat is knitted. It's kind of scratchy now. I searched on the interweb and found the size needle that I should have started the hat with and ordered two of them. By the time they come I'll be onto the body of the hat but I have more of this yarn and think I'll make another one just like it plus I have some other bulky yarn that will make nice hats too. The new needles won't go to waste.



Oh! I almost forgot to tell you, the leaf people came today! Last weekend's snow melted yesterday and overnight so conditions were right. I was sitting here typing away when I heard a tractor. I looked out and there was the leaf collector tractor going down the block scraping all the leaves into the street so that the big leaf collector and the dump truck could come by and pick them up. I'm so happy that they made one more pass.


Today's toss was my ex-favorite sweater that got stained by apple juice and even the dry cleaner couldn't get it out. Bye, yellow sweatshirt sweater.

The prompt today said that people are arguing in a speeding car and one tries to open the door. What happened? I wrote a short piece about the reading of the will and the argument that came after it. I was just glad to have an idea.

--Barbara


1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Yay for the leaf picker upper guy. It's nice that the city helps with that. Love the colors in your latest knitting project.