Thursday, November 11, 2021

Just What I Needed

Another creative thing to do every day.  This is November and it's the month of National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo).  I had an idea at the end of October that I'd use the Page-a-Day Art Gallery calendar pages as my spark to write every day in November.  I thought that was a brilliant idea.  I've thought that every day in November and haven't done it.  Today I started.  I paged back to November 1 & 2 and sat myself down here twice today and pounded out over 1600 words each time.  Now, I don't know if I'll be able to do that two-in-one-day thing and catch up but I'm going to try.  I had an idea and it's rolling.  I must be nuts, but at least I'm writing fiction.  That makes me happy.



It was 54 degrees when I went out to get the newspaper this morning and I noticed that the last Dad's rose is still hanging on.  It took a long time to open from a bud to this stage of flowering but I'm impressed that it's still there.  Shortly after I got the paper a cold front blew in, and I mean blew in, and it turned cold and started to rain, just enough to be annoying and to keep me from going out to blow the leaves.  It's 37 now and I think the rain and gusty wind has slacked off for the night.  I'm hoping for a dry day so I can get the last of the leaves to the curb before it snows.


My little Pacific Sunset maple tree is really turning colors now.  Pretty much all of its hundred or so leaves are a beautiful sunset color.  I'm glad the city picked this tree for me.




Today I drew a lesson out of the You Can Draw In 30 Seconds book.  You really can't draw much in 30 seconds but I try.  Once you draw the basic whatever for the day, he has you draw it in timed challenges and then build on it adding embellishments, using your imagination.  I spent most of the afternoon on this drawing.  It's 20 boxes high and has doors and windows and ramps and ladders and stairs and a few critters.  I had fun doing it and feel good about the variety of extras I added.  I could probably have done more but my shoulders got tired so I wrapped it up for the day.


 

 

Then just before I came back here (after watching TV and knitting after supper) I copied one of the Dr. Seuss creatures I took a picture of from OJ's book.  I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out.


Today's toss was some watercolor paints I bought at the Dollar Tree that are terribly disappointing.  LC and I tried painting some wood shapes with them awhile back and they barely colored the wood.  I bought better paints at a real store so now we're ready to paint if we want to.

The prompt today said to write the most improbable plot for an opera you can think of.  I thought of space aliens coming to Earth.  Naturally a young woman falls in love with an alien boy/man but her mother disapproves.  Her dad doesn't really care because he's a boozer and only concerned with where his next bottle is coming from.  The alien gives the dad some potion that gets him off the booze, the mom changes her mind, and everyone sings happily every after.  The End.

Today my little DS turned 43 years old.  I called and sang him Happy Birthday but I can't figure out how he got so darned old when I'm barely over 40 myself.  Yeah right.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I hear you about your boy's birthday. I felt the same way on November 1 when LD turned 62. How could that be when I'm that same age myself!! You are so creative. Your drawings are incredible and now you're writing again. Hooray. Hope you share your efforts at the end of the month. I miss reading "Better Than Mom's."