Monday, November 29, 2021

Snowy Day

The predicted snow started around eleven o'clock this morning and continued for most of the day until about six or so. I heard scraping outside after dark and looked out to see that my neighbor had shoveled his driveway and then turned around and did mine. What a pleasant surprise. Turns out he needed to ask if his dad could park in my driveway for a little while overnight which I agreed to. I didn't tell him that I would have let him park there anyway but I appreciate the favor.



The lesson in You Can Draw It In 30 Minutes today was a bell pepper. What an odd thing to draw. I think he chose it because it was a way to teach more shading and highlighting techniques.


After I was done with the bell pepper drawings I copied a Dr. Seuss drawing from one of OJ's books. I even colored it.

 


Then I grabbed the bag of super bulky yarn and crocheted a couple more snowballs, one in each color. I need to make another purple one and then I'll have three of each color. I'm trying to decide how many of each I should make. They're kind of addictive.


The best news of the day is that in my NaNoWriMo segment this morning I reached and surpassed fifty thousand words. !!!! I still don't really have a plot although the more I write the more conflict arises and the more I think I have a story and not just a series of scenes. Tomorrow is the official end of NaNoWriMo but I know that I won't quit writing tomorrow. Now that I've started after that long dry spell I can't just quit.


Today's toss was a novel I read on Saturday. A real paper book!

The prompt today said that you come home and your furniture is rearranged. There's no sign of forced entry and nothing has been taken. What do you do? Freak out! I'd call the cops and wait in my car until they came and made sure that there were no bad guys in the house. Only DS has a key to my house so I'd also call him to make sure that he wasn't playing a prank but he's too busy to be so silly.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Big thank you to your neighbor. Chilly down here this morning but very nice. Actually played bridge outdoors yesterday afternoon when it warmed up a bit. Didn't win but still a fun time.