Monday, November 22, 2021

Another Bird Day

There were lots of different kinds of birds at the feeders today. Some I got pictures of, some I got terrible pictures of that I didn't save, and some were here and gone so quickly that I didn't get the chance to take pictures. The first bird I saw when I was making my breakfast was the Red-bellied Woodpecker but it was here and gone in the blink of an eye. As soon as the Woodpecker left I saw another flash of red and there was a Cardinal at the platform feeder.



Next a Bluejay came to the birdbath for a drink. That one I managed to get two shots of. I like this one that looks like it's staring right into the camera lens.


After that a Nuthatch and then a Downy Woodpecker each came to the suet pellets in turn. I took pictures of them that turned out blurry and unidentifiable. So I was reduced to taking a picture of the little flock of Starlings that spent quite a bit of time this morning pecking around under the feeders. Starlings are very skittish, even more easily shooed away than Mourning Doves.



Today's You Can Draw in 30 Seconds lesson was Pencil so I drew pencils facing this way and that and dressed up as a rocket. I struggle with drawing pencils facing away from me. I can't get the angle right or the shape right either. More practice is needed, I guess.


I got out a big crochet hook and the snowball pattern and made one to see if I remember how to follow the pattern. I do, sorta. It kind of looks right but I know it isn't. I'll try again tomorrow.


Today's toss was a knitting book that I don't need anymore.

The prompt today said that a woman was walking down a path alone and came to a fork in the path. The sign said that one way led to Enlightenment and the other way led to Eternal Happiness. What happens next? At first I thought that the one to choose was Eternal Happiness but then I realized how terribly boring that could be but then Enlightenment could be painful. I thought and thought, or rather my character did, and finally decided to take the path to Enlightenment. Eternal Happiness would just be too tiring.

It seemed odd to only write one NaNoWriMo segment today but I managed to accomplish it. I also got out Mother Malcolm's old sewing kit to stitch up the side of a Christmas pillow of LC's that was trying to burst open. I had promised a few weeks ago that I would fix it and finally took the time to do it.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your backyard sounded like birdland yesterday. Quite a show with so many different ones making an appearance. That snowball looks right to me. I'm sure it will fit in one of your assistants' hands next time they're with you. Get ready to dodge!!