Tuesday, November 23, 2021

My House Smells Great

Because today I made the Onion Bread for Thanksgiving dinner. I love my Kitchen Aid mixer.

 


Oh. My. God. I am really struggling with not going out into the kitchen and slicing off a piece of that bread, slathering it with butter, and gobbling it down. The devil on my left shoulder is saying, "You have two loaves. You only need one on Thursday. Go ahead, one slice won't hurt." And the angel on my right shoulder says, "You don't have any points left for today. You need to save your off-plan eating for Thursday so you're not frustrated when you step on the scale next Monday." So far the angel is winning. 


After I had my oil changed and had the car winterized I tootled on down to my Edward Jones office to pick up my free pumpkin pie. A free pie! This is also why I won't slice the bread, because I have already sliced the pie. Twice.



For drawing today I practiced those danged pencils that I have so much trouble with. I drew them pointing every which way just like it said in the book. I did a lot of erasing and a lot of muttering but I stuck with it. I don't think I got better at it until I realized that I could use a ruler to lightly draw some direction lines to give me a place to start. That helped. Still not perfect but better.


While the bread dough was rising I came back here and wrote the 23rd NaNoWriMo segment. I feel like I'm running out of steam a little bit. I really need to figure out where this is going, if anywhere. I have a week left to figure it out. I'll get to 50k but it'll be a miracle if I learn where I'm headed with this pile of words.



The sunset was gorgeous today. It's hard to see it behind the houses and the trees but, trust me, it was beautiful. And it also wasn't bitter cold and windy today. I think it got up into the 40s which is a great improvement over yesterday's wind chills in the 20s.

 

Today's toss was a book about posture and knitting. I thought it would be interesting but it's very textbook-y and doesn't have many pictures. Buh-bye.

The prompt today said that identical twins fool people into thinking they're one person. I got to recount a story that a knitting friend told us about her dad and uncle who were identical twins and they shared a job during the Depression when jobs were scarce. They got away with it until one of the twins broke his arm at work. Busted!

The last couple weeks have been amazingly productive and I've been so inspired and happy. It's been great. Today was a bit of a downer since I struggled with both drawing and writing but I plan to pick myself up by my bra straps tomorrow and get happy again. The next drawing lesson in the 30 Minutes book is to draw a seahorse. Oh goodie, goodie, goodie. That's for tomorrow. Then I get to spend the next day with the whole family at Thanksgiving dinner. Ahhh.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You are a strong woman to resist slicing into that warm bread. But pumpkin pie is a pretty good substitute. It's funny to read that you got UP into the 40's when our weatherman said we'd be DOWN into the 50's this morning. Cold for us!!