Sunday, November 28, 2021

Twice

I saw the fighter jets fly over twice. Once yesterday on a practice run and then the official flyover today before the football game. It was a nice sunny, blue sky day today so the planes really stood out.

 


This morning the Downy Woodpecker was busy at the suet cakes. The Sparrows were extra jumpy today. Every time I stood up or turned the page they flew away.

 

I'm getting frustrated by the lessons in the You Can Draw in 30 Seconds book. The lesson today was Steps and I had to make an enlarged copy of one of the figures to be able to figure out how to draw it. There was no way that I would ever get it done in the 3 minutes he allotted. It took me over 15 minutes just to sketch it out the second time. Only a couple more lessons in that book and I can go back to the Draw Squad book and draw the little cartoon-y pictures in there. I enjoy drawing those more and I have a few used Dr. Seuss books coming from Amazon for things I can copy.


 


I did copy a little cartoon out of the 30 Seconds book of a bird (penguin?) sitting in a hole in the ice with a little pad of paper and a pencil. I liked drawing that one.

 

I usually don't take pictures of my tosses but today I tossed 8 bags of knitting books into the back of the car to deliver to the library this week. I sorted through them and kept out one bag of them for my friend CS. Those I'll deliver on Thursday. 



CS and I met at Zambaldi this afternoon and spent some time drinking DS's good beer and knitting. I made some headway on the Stained Glazz hat and didn't remember to take a picture at the taproom. Again. Maybe I'll remember when we go there for the last Knitting Guild board meeting on Thursday evening.

 

The prompt today asked the last time you cheated. I cheat nearly every day on my WW food plan. I haven't lost any weight in about 6 months but I haven't gained any weight either. I consider that a win.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh yes - the penguin is much better than those boxes. No wonder you like the fun pictures more. Lots of bags of books to toss! Too bad your mother didn't do that. Remember all those magazines and stuff in her place? Amazing.