Sunday, October 31, 2021

Happy Halloween

There, I got to say it to someone.  No trick-or-treaters came to the door today.  I'm not surprised since there aren't any kids in our neighborhood but still it would have been nice to see kids in costumes.


Here is the last geranium.  I went out and uprooted them today because the temperature is supposed to drop into the 20s tonight and they wouldn't have survived so onto the compost pile they went.  Goodbye, pretty red flowers.



But my little maple tree's leaves are all still green.  You can see behind it that the rest of the neighborhood trees are changing color but my new-ish little tree is still hanging on to its chlorophyll.



The sun has moved to the south with the changing of the seasons so it isn't setting in the space where I can see it.  The only way I notice sunset is by the pink reflection on the clouds behind the house.



The drawing lesson today was lettering in two-point perspective.  I had an easier time understanding that than the buildings of yesterday's lesson.  I found myself wishing that my first name had fewer letters though.



Today's toss was a small bag of foreign money.  Maybe I'll take it to the local card and coin store instead of Goodwill.

The prompt today said that a plane had crashed on an island without food and water and everyone survived but it would take a few days for rescue.  How do you cope?  How cheerful.  Well, I guess I'd hope that someone had snacks in their carry-on and that everyone had smuggled on a bottle of water.  With any luck there'd be food in the plane that didn't get served, beverages too.  Wasn't there a TV show about a crashed airliner that went on for a few seasons?

My hornet sting is itchy today.  Dandy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I love the drawing of your name. And all the pictures today. The little maple tree, the sunset and even the last geranium. Happy Halloween to you -- a day late.