Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Tech Frustration

 I have a new (to me; it's refurbished) phone.  I ordered a case and screen protector for it.  They came yesterday.  On Sunday when the phone came I spent the day getting it set up but I managed with a little help from the AT&T guy.  I even dealt with the Tech Services department trying to get them to lengthen the ring time (to no avail).  My frustration is that since putting the phone in the case I can barely hear callers.  On Sunday night when DD called it worked just fine but was out of the case.  On Tuesday when I talked to Tech Services it worked just fine. (I don't remember if it was in the case or not.)  Later on Tuesday when Tech Services called back I could barely hear her.  Gah!  Is it the case?  I don't want to use the phone without a case on it and I don't want to use it with the speaker which is the only way I can hear a caller.  I am frustrated and don't know what to do.  Yet.  I'll figure it out.  I hope.

Before the landsdcapers came yesterday I went out to take some pictures of the flowers that were due to be chopped down that morning.  Here's the last Stella d'Oro lily of 2021.



 

And the last Black-eyed Susans.  I noticed that there are little things poking up in the centers of some of the flowers.  I wonder what they are.


 

The drawing lesson today was a city street in one-point perspective.  I used a ruler to draw the lines and it was boring.  Then I pulled out the cartoon-y kids' drawing book and filled up a page with little drawings.  Much more fun.


Today's toss was an old powder compact that was my mother-in-law's.  Someone will love it, I'm sure.  I don't know why I kept it.

The prompt today said to write the story of an animated show with characters that aren't human.  So, a sloth and a hedgehog make friends in school but the sloth lives in trees and the hedgehog is earthbound.  That's where my idea ran dry.  How do they play together if one is in a tree and the other in the grass?

I sneaked down to the brewery this afternoon to buy myself a Zambaldi Beer hoodie.  I knew that if I went there when DS was there he wouldn't let me pay for it and I didn't want to argue with him.  Luckily I knew that he'd be out of the building this afternoon so the coast was clear.  Mothers can be sneaky.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Nothing is simple. I say that so often and it sounds as if it applies when it comes to your phone situation. You are a sneaky mother but glad you got your hoodie. Sounds like you'll be needing it soon if not right now.