Friday, October 8, 2021

Sunshine!

We had sunshine in the afternoon.  It was great because the day started out overcast and dreary like yesterday and the day before.  Sunshine is better.


Two orange day lilies were blooming on my end of the retaining wall and one flower was on the other end.  This time of years there's a lot more stems than flowers but I'm happy to still see the little pops of orange.



There's still a tiny bit of pink on the one sedum plant.  Still no bees.



I got busy this afternoon and dug out the yarn, pattern, needles, and stitch markers to cast on and knit the brim for the hat that we're doing at the next knitting guild meeting in two weeks.  I had to learn a new cast on and it was time consuming and fiddly.  Lots more effort than the old standby longtail cast on but it'll look nice once it's done.  I only knitted one more round so I'll wait until I have a little more to show you.



Today's drawing subject was stacked tables which is nothing more than slabs on pedestals in various configurations.  I want to be more enthusiastic than I am about this stuff.  Maybe tomorrow's lesson...


Today's toss was some glasses in cases.

The prompt today asked if you could go anywhere and do anything right now what would you do?  That's an easy one.  I'd do diving in Bonaire with Durwood.  A healthy Durwood.  He'd cook and I'd drive and we'd have fun like we used to.  Sorry to be predictable but that's what I'd do.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Looks like the day lilies are about to give up the ghost. It is October, after all. Can't have summertime forever. Unless you live down here. Still so hot.