Friday, October 29, 2021

*Face, Palm*

I have been so frustrated with my new phone since Tuesday when I stopped being able to hear callers, except on speaker, so I dialed 611 this morning and talked to a nice man named Jose who did his best to help me.  We did a system reset, then he had me hang up while he did something on his end that would have fried my SIM card if the phone had been turned on when he did it.  He admitted defeat, said he was afraid the phone was defective, and advised me to go to the AT&T store for help.  So I did.  The same nice man who helped me over the weekend was there and I explained my problem.  Corbin called my phone and agreed that it was nearly impossible to hear callers.  I told him that it had stopped working on Tuesday when I installed the case and screen protector.  He examined the phone and said, "Who installed the screen protector?"  "I did."  "It's on upside down.  See the cutout where the upper speaker and the camera lens are supposed to be?  That goes on top."  *face, palm*  I took it off, turned it around, and reinstalled it.  Phone works perfectly.  Jeez.


Look!  It's a male Red-bellied Woodpecker!  I just happened to look up at the right time and there he was on the suet pellet feeder just pecking away.  He stayed long enough for me to take several shots.  Cool.



The drawing lessons in the 30 Days book have switched from drawing to drafting.  Here's today's castle picture.  It was all ruler, vanishing points, and angles to draw the building and then I added the trees, birds, and mountains.



Once that was done I dug into a couple lessons in the Draw Squad book.  This is the last lesson that I did.  Like I said, I enjoy the cartoon drawing more than the ruler drafting.  And I realized when I was drawing the cash register that I've gotten much faster and more confident.  It's working!



I finished Bib #3 tonight at Friday Night Knitting.  I'm glad I found this pattern again.  It's fun and a good project for knit night.



The gold mums are still going strong.  I'm so glad that I didn't have the landscapers cut them down.


Today's toss was a sandwich bag of old pins and earrings.

The prompt today said... well, evidently I didn't write the prompt today, not out of the blue book anyway.  I wrote with a bunch of women friends on Zoom and we wrote about "an ethical place."  I wrote about trying to be an ethical place in myself.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Oh, we've all been there. A simple fix that a professional corrects in the twinkling of an eye. Whew!! Cute bib. I like all those colors. When are you going to start tinting your clever drawings? I know you can do it.