Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Will We See 70 Again?

It got up to 73 degrees this afternoon, sunny and balmy.  I suspect that today will be the last 70 degree day of 2021.  I got a haircut this morning and when I got home I opened the windows to let the air in.  It felt great and smelled even better.  These clouds started to turn pink as the sun began to go down so I thought I'd take their picture for a different end of day perspective.



The Downy Woodpecker showed up today to spend a few minutes' pecking at the suet pellets.




There was the last orange day lily out today.  It looked a little bedraggled but it was still a flower.



The Black-eyed Susans are still blooming and I decided to use the closeup setting.  Just as I was focusing this little green bee landed on the center and posed.  Thanks, bee!



Yesterday one of the Stella d'Oros had a flower that I didn't get onto the blog but today there
were none.



 

The drawing lesson today was contour lines.  It said to draw a tube and add lines, then draw a pair of what he calls Contour Kids.  It was cool to see how you can change the dimension of the drawing by the angle of the contour lines and foreshortened circles.

 

I finished knitting Bib #2 this evening while watching Jeopardy!.  I felt pretty smart tonight, knew a lot of questions, but not the Final Jeopardy! question.  Ah well, can't know them all.


Today's toss was another book that I bought hoping to unleash my messiness but I just couldn't dribble coffee in a book or stand on a page with muddy feet.  Maybe someone else can do it.

The prompt today said to write a dystopian story in a parallel world.  Ho hum  I'm listening to Wicked and love The Hunger Games so my story combined names and situation from those.  Not very original or interesting or complete.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love the end of the day shot. And even though the orange day lily looks a little bedraggled, it still counts. Sweet bib for some sweet baby.