Saturday, October 16, 2021

Bathtime

Only one Sparrow came for a bath today but it was having a wonderful time at it.  It didn't stay long, only long enough for this one picture, but it was luxuriating.



The Stella d'Oro lilies are still blooming.  Every day at least one plant has a blossom or two on it.  You must be tired of seeing them but flower time is fleeting so I'm keeping on posting them.


I got to mow today.  It was sunny but windy and I was downwind of Burger King so every time I turned to face the west I got a whiff of charbroiling burger.  It was nigh onto torture but I came in and had an apple and got over it.


Today's drawing lesson was of a more complex house than yesterday.  I wasn't thrilled with my first attempt so after mowing I took another stab at it.  I'm happier with this one but taking a picture helps me see what's wrong with it.  Maybe I'll try again tomorrow.



I cast on Bib #2 tonight after supper.  And I figured out a way to use markers so that I don't have to count the stitches on every other row to make sure I'm doing the decrease in the right place.  Whew.  I got off track on the last one, it isn't very noticeable but I was frustrated by it so I figured out a way to make it easier.


Today's toss was a pair of cash boxes.  Empty cash boxes that Durwood used to use when he sold portraits in Walmart.  I also found Durwood's old Boy Scout stuff, medals and merit badge cards and stuff that I think DS and OJ might like seeing someday.  And a file with letters and a partial genealogy that Mother Malcolm put together.  Someone might like that too.

The prompt today asked if you think the eyes are the windows to the soul.  I think they are.  It's hard to make your eyes sparkle when you're smiling and don't mean it, and the eyes often give a liar away.

--Barbara

No comments: