Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Best Laid Plans

Well, my day didn't go the way I planned.  Not entirely.  About mid-morning the doorbell rang and I opened it to find a small package on the porch from AT&T.  My new phone had arrived so I got right to work setting it up and getting everything transferred from the old phone to the new one.  That took hours and only two trips to the AT&T store on the corner a few blocks away.  I had the guy install the SIM cards because I didn't want to do it wrong.  Then I had to get on Amazon to order a case and screen protector for it because, of course, the phone is an older, refurbished model and they don't have cases for it in the store.  The other thing I found out from the store guy was that this isn't a 5G phone, it's a 4G phone but they're not going to turn off the 4G anytime soon so I won't be in the same fix again for a while.  Whew.



One of the Stella d'Oro plants had three flowers blooming at the same time.  It's probably near the end of the blooming because there was frost last night.  I know that because my coleus are all black and dead.  Sniff.


The drawing lesson today was volcanoes and craters.  I wish I could say that this is my original drawing but it's a copy of what was in the book.  I had hoped to find something to draw that isn't in the book today but that didn't happen.  Today was all about the phone.

 


There was a home football game today at noon which meant there was a flyover.  Hooray!  Oh, they won.



Today's toss was a second camping lantern.  That's the end of those.

I didn't write the prompt today, I was busy with the phone stuff and drawing.  I'll get on it tomorrow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

We are slaves to our phones. Glad you're all set with your new (to you) one. I thought about you and the fly-over for the game. I know that's your favorite part of those football Sundays.