Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Fifty-Three and Rain

 It was sunny to start the day but soon the clouds rolled in and late in the afternoon the rain came.  Drizzle at first but then intermittent showers.  Not cheerful weather and chilly too.  I went out in the morning to take a picture of today's Stella d'Oro lily.  If you look closely you can see another bud behind the flower.  More to come!



The weed in the asparagus patch is still blooming too.  I don't know what it is but it's pretty.



I saw a flash of gray and looked up to see a Nuthatch hopping around on the platform feeder.  It spent quite a bit of time on it for a Nuthatch, so I managed a halfway decent picture of it.



At the same time a Downy Woodpecker was on the suet pellets enjoying a snack.



I cast on Bib #3 last night and meant to take it with me when I went to stay with the grandkids so DS and DIL1 could go out for a few hours but I forgot so it's kind of small but colorful.


The drawing lesson today was to draw a wave.  I drew it twice but it never looked like anything.  It's very odd with lots of contour lines and a little bit of foam on the leading edge.  Nothing to take a picture of, trust me.

Today's toss was a book about the business of being a writer.  I paged through it and it's very dry and business-y.  Blech.

I didn't write the prompts today.  I just wasn't in the mood.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Great pictures today. I'm going to miss those Stella D'Oro shots when winter comes. And it sounds like you're getting the cooler temps that signal it's on the way. As The World Turns!!