Saturday, October 9, 2021

I'm Not a Fan of Pink

The color, not the singer, but I can't help but be charmed by this little tuft of pink sedum that persists.  It's a last vestige of summer in autumn.



The Downy Woodpecker came to the suet pellets today but the coolest woodpecker was too zippy for a picture.  I came home from ALDI and was talking to my neighbors when they said that they'd seen a Pileated Woodpecker in the neighborhood and then one flew by!  Too cool!  A Pileated is a big bird that looks like Woody Woodpecker dressed in black and white (Woody was in blue) but it has Woody's big red cockade.  I hope I see it again.


As soon as I filled the feeders this morning a pair of Bluejays came to snatch peanuts from the wreath.  They perched on top of the fence and waited their turn as two squirrels got peanuts too.



One Stella d'Oro bloomed today.  No orange day lilies but this one bright yellow spot on a mostly cloudy day.


It wasn't very sunny but I did manage to knit an inch of the Eagle Eye Beanie brim.  I turned on all of the lights and knitted until the light started to fade.  I'll add more tomorrow.  I don't have to have the brim finished until the 21st so I don't have to hurry.



I snipped the last burnt orange yarn and added the second variegated green to the Comfort Baby Blanket.  Now all I have to do it knit row after row, decreasing one stitch each row, until I'm down to five stitches.  Then I'll weave in the ends and be done, and it's only taken seven years.



I didn't toss anything today.  I didn't look for anything.  I just didn't.  I didn't draw today either.

The prompt today said that everyone in your short story has been reincarnated so I wrote a tiny story about a colony of ants that is really starting at the bottom of the evolutionary ladder.  The narrator ant is grateful he didn't come back as a slug.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

You were a rebel yesterday. But maybe you've run out of things to toss. I agree that pink is not one of my favorite colors either. Especially this time of year. Too Spring-y! Still the sedum is pretty but the baby blanket looks more like Autumn.