Thursday, October 28, 2021

The Last of the Backyard Flower Pictures for 2021

Even though the landscapers cut down all of the flowers the other day I still have a couple pictures that I haven't put on here.  So here they are.  First are Black-eyed Susans.  I love their staying power, once they bloom they're in for the long haul.



Then there's the bronze sedum.  It was a late bloomer, much later than the pink sedum.  It too got cut down and carted away.


I caught sight of a Downy Woodpecker getting a drink at the birdbath today and was swift enough to get the camera up and on and snapped before it flew away.



This morning I got brave and took my sketchbook into the bathroom to try drawing a fish and kelp that's on the shower curtain.  I did it!  Then I colored it, just for fun.  I guess if you draw every day for three weeks you get better at it.  So far all I've been drawing are the lessons in the two drawing books I have but I need to start branching out into drawing things around me.  I'm reluctant to start


Maybe the best idea is to draw things more in the cartoon-y manner of the Draw Squad book.  I have more fun drawing them over the ruler-driven perspective drawings in the You Can Draw in 30 Days book that I started with.

 


I realized last night that the Eagle Eye Beanie is turning out huge.  I don't know if it's the yarn, the needle size, or the hat size I chose but every time I caught sight of it today I thought about pulling it all out and starting over.  Or not starting over.  Instead I added four rounds while watching TV this evening.  It'll fit someone.


Today's toss was a cheap men's watch that Durwood got from Gillette years ago and never wore.  I know that DS doesn't want it so into the donate box it goes.

The prompt today said to write a story about making lemonade when life hands you lemons.  Instead I wrote a rant about not liking lemonade (I do) and why can't I make lemon bars or a lemon meringue pie.  Not exactly the spirit of the prompt but still it's writing.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Good-bye to the summer flowers. I guess snow will be next -- but not yet. Love your cute drawings. I think you got that gene from your mother. I certainly didn't get it!! That beanie will fit someone with a lot of hair. Love the cute little woodpecker at the birdbath. Glad you caught it.