Monday, October 18, 2021

Monday Is Wash Day

In the time-honored tradition of my paternal grandmother, today was laundry day.  I didn't have much, only three loads, but it took extra time because the clothes dryer works more quickly if you push the Start button before you leave the basement.  Good thing I didn't wait for the buzz to tell me when to go downstairs or I'd still be waiting.  Jeez.

 

This morning I looked up to see a Hawk land on the garden trellis.  It didn't stay there long.  It swooped down over a squirrel, scaring it, and then it landed on the fence for a few minutes before flying away.  This picture isn't so clear because I took it through the screen but, look!, the Hawk.  I think it's too short to be a Red-Tailed Hawk, maybe a Cooper's Hawk.

 


Today's drawing assignment was a lily.  Lilies aren't hard to draw, exactly, but they take some practice so they don't look crumpled.  

 

 

 

Tonight I knitted on Bib #2 and got through the bib part and one tie.  I started the second tie.  I'll finish it tomorrow night.


Today's toss was a Wreck This Book book that I just couldn't do.  I tried, I really did, but I just couldn't make a mess in a book.  All I managed to do was stick banana stickers onto a page where it said to put fruit stickers.  I'm a failure at coloring outside the lines.  There's a lot of "need to do it the right way" in me.

The prompt today said that you're going on a grueling trip and can take only five personal items.  Oh man, five isn't many.  Okay, I'd take a picture of my family, one of Durwood, my Bullet Journal, a notebook and pen (I'm counting that as one), and my Kindle full of books with a charger.  I wouldn't take a grueling trip, I'm more of a regular trip kind of girl, but that's what I'd take.

You know, I haven't really paid attention to the rise of grocery prices but today I paid $1.89/lb. for a Butternut squash and $1.49 for a dozen eggs that cost forty-nine cents six months ago.  I guess things have gone up.  I'd hate to be feeding teen-aged boys.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Love your lilies drawing. You get an A++ for that one. I hear you about the price of groceries. And many shelves in my store are either empty or nearly so. Crazy times!