Monday, October 11, 2021

A Squirrel-y Day

Not much was happening in the bird world today.  Just this little Chickadee poking around looking for a sunflower seed.



 

The squirrels were all over the suets today.  First this one clung to the pellets and nibbled away for quite awhile.


 

 

Then this one spent some time breaking chunks off the suet cakes, dropping to the ground, and then sitting on its haunches eating the chunks.  Everything is gearing up for the coming winter.



Today's drawing lesson was a "cool koala."  I like the three circles with the three different textures on the top of the page.  It amazed me how different they look depending on the shape of the pencil strokes.  The little square of koalas entertained me for a long time.  I know I spent part of the time with my tongue sticking out of the side of my mouth, trying to get the ears just right.



Tonight's supper was the first of the giant chicken breasts and roasted cauliflower.  I went to ALDI this afternoon for a couple butternut squash that I cooked in the microwave so I'd have something "potato-y" with my meal.  Actual potatoes would cost points but butternut squash is zero points.  Score!  All of these foods are zero points foods but I charged myself a point because I put a little olive oil on the cauliflower to roast it and in the marinade for the chicken breasts.  It's only fair.  That left me plenty of points to have a scoop of chocolate ice cream too.  Now that's just good planning.


Today's toss was a digital weather station that eats batteries and I never look at.

The prompt today said to write the plot of a romantic comedy set in a war zone.  I couldn't do it.  There's nothing funny about war and no matter how I looked at it, it just didn't make sense.  So I skipped this one.

I was debating going out to mow the lawn but was saved by drizzle and then a little rain.  The grass isn't that long, especially in the front.  It can wait a few more days.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Your sensible dinner looks and sounds delicious. You're definitely getting back on track. Love your little family of koalas. Another talent to add to your resume.