Sunday, October 17, 2021

A Quiet Sunday

It was a beautiful, sunny day today and I just goofed off most of the day.  Isn't that what Sundays are for?

I saw this House Finch on the feeder for the first time in a long time.  See how pale its head and breast is?  It's getting ready for, I hate to say it, winter.  I don't think that the Sparrow on the opposite perch saw him or it might have chased him away.  Birds don't really share well.



Another pair of Stella d'Oro lilies were shining in the sunshine today.  Bloom while you have the chance!  The Juncos are here which means winter is coming.



I spent most of the day drawing.  Yesterday's bonus challenge was this multi-roof, multi-house building thing.  I had to find the instructional video on YouTube in order to draw this, both times.  Thank goodness for "pause" because I had to keep stopping while I drew the lines that he drew so quickly and effortlessly.  I know, I know, he's an artist and the teacher who has been teaching drawing for the last thirty years, at least, so his hands and eyes are used to these moves.  I know if I was sixty years younger I'd just charge ahead and draw with creativity and abandon but here I sit, pencil clenched in my hand, hunched over my sketchbook, afraid to make a mistake.  I have a really good eraser so I can get rid of my mistakes and, trust me, I erase and do-over a lot.  I'm determined to loosen up.  Someday.



I knitted on Bib #2 tonight while watching "Call the Midwife."  I even managed to knit and watch at the same time which is a feat for me.  Figuring out how to place markers to help me keep track has been a godsend and really sped up progress.  One of the Friday Night knitters commented that it looks like a bikini bottom when it's on a straight needle, I agree that it does, and now I can't unsee that.


Today's toss was a couple razors that turned up in a box  I still have lots of razors left.  I'll give them away a few at a time.

The prompt today asked what are you addicted to.  Chocolate, she says as she pops an M&M into her mouth.  I'm so glad I'm doing WW because nothing is forbidden so I can figure out how to have chocolate and still be on plan.

I got a nasty shock when I tried to call DS this afternoon.  My call got routed to AT&T!  Seems my phone is too old to work with 5G and they'll be turning off 3G soon so I need a new phone.  Instead of sending me an email, they hijacked my outgoing calls today to tell me in broken English what's going on.  On the happy side, I somehow qualify for a free phone (which makes me a little suspicious) so at least I don't have to brave Walmart to get a new one, they're sending it to me.  I'll keep you posted.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

I thought the same thing about the bib and a bikini bottom. Glad to know I'm not alone. And like you, I love a little chocolate every day. My treat after lunch is two (and only two) Hershey's Kisses. Love those things and I think Hershey's is best -- even better than Godiva.