Saturday, October 30, 2021

Ouch

I realized after the landscapers left on Tuesday that I forgot to ask them to clear out the corner by the patio where the ferns and peonies are so I went out to do it this morning while it was sunny.  I got my tarp, gloves, and clippers and got to it.  What I hadn't planned to do was disturb a small nest of hornets.  They were right by that upside down pot.  I didn't notice them until one of them flew up, landed on the back of my head, and stung me.  Ouch!  It's a good thing I'm not allergic but it's kind of hurt all day long.  Once I got stung I moved around away from the hornets and got the job done.



Here's my new Zambaldi Beer hoodie.  I took a selfie with my phone and tried to email it to myself.  The email went through but the picture didn't.  So I just hung the hoodie up and took a picture.  I got it a size too big so it's nice and roomy and snuggly.


I was not inspired by today's drafting lesson.  It's supposed to be a city but it looks to me like a bunch of blocks.  Maybe if I'd taken the time to add windows and doors or little guys or something but it just isn't a fun picture.


 


The lessons in the kids' drawing book are much more fun.  I drew through three lessons this afternoon.  (it beats folding laundry) This one was my favorite.


I spent some time going through seven recipes to make a shopping list for next week's bout of Investment Cooking.  I was thinking I'd go to the grocery tomorrow but then I realized that tomorrow is Sunday and I don't want to be in the grocery on a weekend so I'll wait and go after lunch on Monday.


Today's toss was a Bend-ominoes game that LC and OJ never warmed up to.

The prompt today said to write a review of a restaurant you've never been to.  So I did, with a lot of qualifiers.  Seemed silly.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Ouch indeed!! But good for you for staying with it and getting the job done. That's quite an impressive shopping list. I'll be anxious to see what it all turns into next week.