Friday, October 22, 2021

Mums the Word

I got up close and personal with the mums this morning.  They're still blooming like crazy and looking beautiful.  My favorite is still the gold ones.  They just have a glow about them.



The coppery ones have faded over the last week or so.  They're not as vivid as they once were, but I like their green centers.


 

 

And the old purple ones are still going strong.  These are nestled against the brick facade of the front of the house.



A Cardinal paid a short visit to the platform feeder today.  I'm tempted to refill the feeder with safflower seeds but the chipmunk will just climb up and over the course of a couple hours empty the feeder almost entirely.


The suet pellets were popular with a Downy Woodpecker today.  It came and went a bunch of times, once fighting with a Sparrow that dared to land on the pellets feeder too.


 


The drawing lesson today was scrolls.  I drew them a couple ways.  It's amazing the difference a little shading makes.


 

Today's toss was a slide converter.  I don't know if this will talk to my computer and I've got too many slides to convert.  This was another of Durwood's winter tasks that never got started.  Not complaining, just explaining.  I've got a litany of things that I mean to do when winter comes that never get done.

The prompt today said to write a story about a person whose memory is wiped clean at the end of every day so I wrote a dialogue between a caregiver and a dementia patient.  Predictable.

Once again it didn't get up to 50 degrees today and it was overcast all day.  They're talking about frost tonight.  Ugh.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt B said...

Those pictures of the mums could help brighten up your dreary day. So very pretty. Good job.