Saturday, March 4, 2023

Well, That Was a Surprise

Today was the Market on Military and we all had a good day. One of the authors sold twice as many books as the rest of us but everyone sold some and that makes it a good day. I sold 5 books and donated a copy of Horizon to the gift basket that they draw for at the end of the day. 

 


But the most surprising thing I learned is that if you have an eBook, Alexa will read it to you on your Echo Dot or whatever annoying Amazon talking speaker thing that lives in your house. I came home and asked her to read me The Seaview and she started right up and did an okay job. Who knew?


This morning while I was fixing my breakfast I looked out the window and saw that the Red-bellied Woodpecker was on the suet pellets. I didn't have time to take a picture so I'm pasting an old photo on here just because I was so excited to see it. I couldn't tell if it was a male or female but it doesn't matter, I like them both.



I went back to the leaf painting finale of Daily Practice when I got home and this is what turned out. It isn't as colorful as I would have liked but I got carried away with the light blue background. It'll do.


In Sketching I flipped pages and stopped on this one of an alien in an ugly Christmas sweater. The text made me laugh because the author/artist talked about that one oddball relative that's at every celebration and is probably an alien, or should be.



After supper I sat down to finish turning the heel of the Trekking sock so that I can just knit straight on the foot tomorrow at Zambaldi. It wasn't as complicated as I thought it'd be so I zoomed right through it.


I woke up at 6:15am again this morning. That's two mornings in a row. I have moved on from being a morning person so this is a revolting development. I hope that it doesn't continue. Tomorrow I have the St. Agnes Class of 1965 lunch and an eye doc appointment. Naturally we're supposed to get rain and/or snow, probably snow, but it's also supposed to be just above freezing so that could make the roads a little adventurous. God, I love winter. Not.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Good day at the Market. And who knew that some gadget can actually read aloud!! What a brave new world we live in. I'm sleeping far too late these days but it's so easy to climb back into the warm covers.