Tuesday, March 7, 2023

Break Out the Snowblower Again

It didn't snow a lot overnight but it was enough and it was wet enough that I broke out the snowblower to clear the driveway. If it was that dry powdery stuff I'd have used the shovel to move it but it wasn't. It would have made good snowballs and that stuff is heavy. There wasn't enough snow for the plow to come by so I was spared that. It was sunny all day and got up to 37 degrees which doesn't sound like much but 37 and sunny means that the driveway is dry and the streets are wet instead of slick with snow or ice. There are no birds or squirrels in this picture, it's just sunshine on white snow.



I tried my hand at duplicating a card I got last week from cda. The painter of the card is the woman I'm taking watercolor class from in May so I thought I'd see if I couldn't paint the bird. Well, it looks like a bird but not much like KA's bird.


The next drawing lesson was about composition so the teacher drew and explained why she was drawing what and where she did. I tried to draw along but she really wasn't demonstration drawing so I couldn't keep up. This is a third of what she drew but the easiest part to copy.


I spent part of the morning and part of the afternoon reading manuscript, putting in contractions and paragraphs, and looking for something to rewrite and submit. Still nothing but I think I'm getting closer to better writing. People are starting to do things instead of just standing around and talking.

My cleaning lady came today so I spent most of the afternoon following her around and chatting while she worked. I feel like I shouldn't do that but we get to talking and what else can I do. I don't want to act like she isn't here and just ignore her. That seems rude. 

Tonight was writer's guild and it turns out that one of the members went to school with my sister-in-law. What a small world!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I agree that it seems rude to just ignore the cleaning lady. Shows we didn't grow up with hired help.