Saturday, March 18, 2023

Brrr!

It was sunny today but, man, was it cold and windy. I was so happy that I put on my longies when I got dressed for the market. I thought it was supposed to be cloudy so I was very happy to see the sunshine this morning. Not so happy when I got out of the car to walk into the market and the wind slammed into me but, hey, I'm a hardy Wisconsin girl. I survived.



Speaking of the Market on Military, I had a good day. It started slow, real slow, I don't think I sold anything the first hour and a half but then I sold one, then another, then another, then one to my knitting friend MW, and finally I sold one of each to the same woman. Woohoo! I hit upon the perfect sales pitch for Better Than Mom's. I reminded people of the old sitcom Mel's Diner, saying that I had a sassy waitress and interesting customers. That did the trick. And I got to use my new Square credit card reader too! There's a small transaction fee but it's a small price to pay for selling a book.


I decided to try painting with white and light paints on black mixed media paper. I like the way it turned out. I won't be painting on black much but it's my first not-copied painting in weeks.


Then I spent part of the afternoon working on the argument scene for The Seaview 2. I like it a little better and it's more physical, not quite as much dialogue. I'll keep working on it.

I didn't draw today. I just wasn't in the mood. Being at the market and being "on" for 4 hours is surprisingly tiring. Tomorrow I get to drive up to Sturgeon Bay to get my books in another bookstore. Yay!

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Banner day indeed!! Good for you for braving the storm to get out there and share your talent with the world. Be careful driving today. Hope the wind has died down.