Saturday, March 25, 2023

They Said 3-6" of Snow

We got 14.5" today. No, really, it started snowing around 6:30am-ish and when I opened the shades at about 8:00am it was a whiteout. I could barely see the office building behind the house. Then there was about 3 or 4 inches of snow already and it snowed straight through until 3:15pm when it just stopped.



I went out and cleared the driveways and then waited for the snowplow to come through. Man, did he plow up a drift across the bottom of the driveways. It was more than knee deep and wet and heavy. My across the street neighbor has a broken snowblower so he was out hand shoveling so when I finished my driveways I went across and blew out the bottom of his driveway.


I looked out once it stopped snowing and saw three Robins lined up on top of the fence. I wish that the Wells Fargo sign wasn't there but what can you do?



Today's Daily Practice was to paint an abstract using the colors of gouache we used in the daisy bouquet the other day. I don't know if I like this or not.


I drew a mug of hot chocolate and a snow shovel today. Can you tell that I was cold and dreading going out to clear away all that snow?



This evening I finished knitting the thumb gusset of the Marl Mitten and started knitting on the hand. I didn't get too far into the hand but you can see where I'm going with it. I love this yarn. It's a blend of Merino and Alpaca and is very soft and nice to knit with.


My two big chores today (aside from all the snow clearing) were to fold the basket of clean laundry and to refill the pill keepers. I did those things and didn't take a picture of either of them. I was so relieved that today wasn't a Market day. It would have been a terrible day with all of the snow and the very slick roads. Someone in a minivan somehow got stuck at the bottom of my driveway this morning. They must have slid into my driveway because there was a bunch of snow pushed up like someone's car plowed into it and then it was so slippery that they couldn't back up enough to make the turn to go down the street. I watched and they finally rocked back and forth and turned the wheels the right way so they managed to escape. There was no way I was going out to help them. I'm just not that nice. It was terrible out there. Oh, and tomorrow it's supposed to be 44 degrees so all that snow is going to start melting just as quickly as it fell.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Oh my goodness! Is it ever going to stop snowing this year? Glad you have your snowblower but I know you'll be happy to put it away -- hopefully soon. At least it didn't happen on Market Day.