Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Just an Art Day

All I did today was make art. No writing. No editing. I did print off the pages sent by my roundtable compatriots so that I could pre-read them before tomorrow's noon Zoom meeting.

First I opened 365 Days of Drawing to see what the daily prompt was. It said to draw zebra stripes using a pen and ink. I don't have a pen and ink but I do have an ink pen. I have several ink pens and I used one to draw a zebra and its stripes. I'm kind of amazed at the way it turned out. I confess that I called up a picture of a zebra on my phone and used it as a model but still, it isn't bad.



On the next page of my watercolor sketchbook I painted three Allium from Watercolor Flowers the Easy Way. They were surprisingly easy and I was pleased that I could make the little lines that formed the petals of the florets. My fine motor control of the brush is coming along.


Then I painted another Agapanthus on a postcard. It was a flower day. My brush control wasn't as good when it came to painting lines on the petals. Funnily enough I was using a smaller brush but got thicker lines. Go figure.



Since I have now finished both of the Creativebug watercolor classes, I let myself start the Basic Line Drawing class that I bought drawing paper and pens for a couple weeks ago. The first lesson was drawing a leaf, then leaves. They turned out okay.


And the Amazon delivery person brought the first copy of Better Than Mom's. Hooray! I was surprised to see that I forgot a table of contents so I went back into Kindle Direct Publishing and fixed it in both the eBook and paperback. I know that fiction books don't have to have tables of contents since the chapters don't have names, but I found that I missed it so I fixed it. I also redid the eBook cover design, kept the picture but chose a different layout that I like better. I think.


It was a fun, art-y day, and now it's snowing again. Arrgh. Maybe we won't get much.

--Barbara

2 comments:

Aunt Barb said...

When I checked Amazon yesterday, they only had the Kindle version so I'll have to wait to add BTM's to my bookshelf. Glad you could edit it to your satisfaction on line. Hope you didn't get a foot of snow.

Aunt Barb said...

P.S. I didn't see the proper box to check on Amazon but this time I paid more attention. My copy of BTM'S arrives on Saturday! Yay!