Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Tooling Down the Highway

This morning after doing yoga and step aerobics I got dressed, hopped in my car, and tooled down to Caramel Crisp Cafe & Books in Oshkosh. I spoke with a nice woman named Jen, showed her my books, and she handed me a consignment contract. I read it and signed on the dotted line so two copies of each of my three books are now in the Local Authors section of that bookstore. Her daughter is an author too and I recognized her name as someone whose YouTube video I watched last week that helped me get The Seaview 2 in better shape, I hope. She was thrilled and couldn't wait to tell her daughter. Very cool. Small world.



That hundred miles of driving felt like enough for the day but there was a lot of day left when I got home, so I pulled out my paints. First I paged back to the Asters in Watercolor Flowers Made Easy and painted them on a postcard. I got them grouped together a bit better (and only had one oops where the paints bled together).

 

On the next page was a flower I've never seen. It's called a Banksia and is known as the Australian honeysuckle. I like it because not many people will know if this looks like one or not. I like the colors.

 


I looked out the patio door and saw these two Mourning Doves in a hole in the snow that all of the birds and squirrels have made chasing after fallen seed. I think they look funny.


I turned to the next page in Draw 500 Flowers and found strawberries. They were fun to draw and color.



This evening I finished the Mulberry Charisma Hat while watching Nature and Nova on PBS. The hat used 60% of the skein of yarn so there's lots left. I'm hoping that I have another skein of the same yarn so I can make two more hats out of the leftovers and another full skein. Maybe. I'll have to dig around down in the tote.


I realized on the drive home that I should have ordered more copies of Better Than Mom's. If I leave 2 copies at each bookstore I'll be in this week and sell a couple at the market on Saturday I'll be left with not very many. I'm going to be spending a few days at The Clearing next month and want to have some with me to sell to other writers and to hopefully get them into TC's bookstore. So I ordered more today. It takes nearly 2 weeks for them to print and ship them so I should have them by the end of the month.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

You are the busy girl what with writing novels, painting and drawing, knitting and snapping pictures out your backdoor. So glad we get to share your life with a little peek into it every day.