Sunday, March 12, 2023

It Snowed All Day

It was snowing when I woke up, snowing both times I went out to snowblow, and it's still snowing. We've probably gotten about 6" so far. It's supposed to stop sometime overnight. We're supposed to have sunshine on Tuesday. I can't wait for Tuesday. The fresh snow is so white that it isn't very dark outside. Pretty but enough already. It was just above freezing all day so it was that wet heavy snow that is a pain to shovel and tries to clog up the chute of the snowblower but I powered through and got the driveway and plow drift cleared. I'll still have to clear the driveway tomorrow and I'm sure the plow will come through again. It's never done.


So I stayed in the house (well, except for going out to blow snow) and played with drawing things. First I drew the next page of Draw 500 Amazing Flowers (or something like that). I especially like the amoeba-like flowers in the lower right.



Then I booted up the next Basic Line Drawing lesson. It was concentric circles. Same artist as the one that wrote/drew the 500 Flowers book but I wasn't as excited to draw the circles as the flowers. I was supposed to use a white paint pen to draw the white circles but my pen didn't paint very well. See how faint the biggest circle is? I ended up using a gel pen which was much better.


While I was drawing a squirrel came to investigate the peanut wreath and had a lovely time in the deepening snow. I love watching them drop down from the wreath and plop into the snow.



I couldn't think of what to paint so I went on Creativebug to look for another watercolor class and found another month of daily lessons. Hooray! Naturally I don't have all of the needed supplies so I went on Amazon and Michaels and ordered a few things. No, really, just a few things. Mostly I'll make do with what I have. Anyway, the first day's painting was straw flowers painted "from life." Well, she had the flowers on her table and I just tried to copy what she did until she got to the part where she took a pen and India ink and traced petals and extra leaves and details on things. I have a pen and nib but no ink. That's one of the things I ordered so it'll be here in a few days.


As I was closing the drapes over the patio door I realized how cool all of the snow looks on top of the feeders so I snapped a picture for you. You can see that the snow is still falling too.
It's supposed to get windy tomorrow and be colder. Oh goodie. Good thing that I don't have to go anywhere. I think. I may be almost out of milk.


I was supposed to get my author's copies of Better Than Mom's and The Seaview yesterday but the tracking number stopped working so I was afraid that I had another Tupperware situation on my hands. But today I got an email that they've relabeled the package and transferred it to UPS. UPS says it'll be here tomorrow. As long as it gets here by Friday so I can take BTM's to next Saturday's Market on Military I'll be happy.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

The snow on the birdfeeders does look pretty. Like a sculpture -- or something! Glad you don't have to go out. Just stay indoors and draw.