Saturday, March 11, 2023

A Low Energy Day

Maybe because it was dreary but I just couldn't muster up the energy or enthusiasm for much today. I didn't see any birds and only two squirrels visited the peanut wreath and they ended up chasing each other away.

I spent most of the day rereading my latest manuscript and trying to sketch an outline of the story only to find that there really isn't much of a story there. *sigh* I have a lot of words but no clear picture of what's happening and what's going to happen. I'll have to do a lot of thinking about this before I move forward. I like little pieces of what I have but overall it's just people standing around talking. I'm good at writing dialogue and that's about all that I have.



Today's Basic Line Drawing lesson was about triangles. This is really hard-core doodling. I can see the margins of a pad of paper being covered with this kind of drawing during a meeting. 


In the first part of the lesson I like that she was able to turn triangles into pretty good looking stylized trees and mountains.



I didn't pull out my paints until almost suppertime. I turned to the next flower in Watercolor Flowers Made Easy and it was Asters. Mine aren't as aster-y as the picture but they aren't terrible. I didn't manage to get them as close together as the picture showed but I am semi-satisfied with the way they turned out.


That was my whole day. Oh, they're predicting more snow overnight and through all of tomorrow into Monday. They're calling it Snowstorm Finley. I hope Finley fizzles. I know it's only March but I'm tired of snow.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

When is March going to start becoming that lamb promised in the old saying? The lion part of the month is staying too long with you.