Monday, March 27, 2023

Chomp

I went out this morning to put a postcard out for the mailman to pick up and saw that the rabbit had found the crocuses that I showed you yesterday and gobbled them up. The few on the other side of the planter are still there but I expect them to disappear too. Dang it.



I spent a lot of the day fooling around with pieces of The Seaview 2 (or whatever it ends up being called) and found a piece that I could polish up a bit so I'll have something halfway decent to submit to the Roundtable this week.


The next figure in 10-Steps: Animals was a Bald Eagle. I wasn't really in the mood to draw a bird but gave in and did it anyway. Once again, bird feet were my nemesis. I guess it turned out okay. It doesn't have the piercing gaze of a Bald Eagle but at least it looks like it's kind of frowning. So it looks less majestic and more crabby. Actually, now that I look at it again, it kind of looks like a seagull in an eagle costume.



I'm tons happier with today's Daily Practice bugs, especially the scarab beetle. I'm thrilled with the way it looks. Not so much the other made-up bug since I managed to drag my sleeve across its not quite dry legs and smeared them. I watched tomorrow's lesson and it's more bugs so I'll paint them around these two to save paper.


Last night and this evening I added rounds to the hand of the Marl Mitten. I've got about an inch and a half to knit before starting the decreases on the top. I'm knitting with friends tomorrow evening so I quit early tonight so I'd have mitten to knit on then. Of course, there's a whole other mitten that will need to be knitted...


--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

At least you got a picture of the yellow crocuses. And you can tell yourself that since they're only out there for a short time in the Spring, they must be a delicious treat for the rabbits! I know -- that's small comfort.