Sunday, March 19, 2023

A Sunny Drive

I decided to wait until after lunch to drive up to Sturgeon Bay to visit Other Worlds Books & More. The owners were gracious and enthusiastic, and bought two of each of my books to put in their store. They want to invite me up for an author signing and they will be hosting tour buses this summer that they want "their" authors to be there for. Sounds interesting and like fun. Can't wait.



It was bright and sunny today, a perfect day for a drive. Lots of Sparrows visited the round feeder this morning and a few Chickadees were among them but too quick for pictures. A Robin visited the birdbath but because it was frozen it flew away. Still no picture, dang it.


I pulled out 10-Steps: Flowers to see what the next blossom was and it was a spray of Jasmine. It was a more complicated drawing than I anticipated but I took my time and drew and erased until I was happy with what I had. 



The USPS delivered the gouache watercolors that I ordered from Michaels this afternoon so I was able to try my hand at the next painting in the Daily Practice class on Creativebug. I didn't have the exact colors that she had and I didn't paint as many flowers but I think it turned out okay. And now you know where I got the idea for yesterday's daisies on black paper from.



I reread the argument pieces from The Seaview 2 this afternoon when I got home and wasn't able to see how to improve them. I guess I'll let them marinate for a few days and then take another look at them.

I've been chilled all afternoon and finally dug out a shawl and put it on. So much better. I never understand how come I get cold when I'm wearing a shirt with a sweater over it but I do. Must be getting old.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

I love that picture of the sparrows on the round feeder. And they aren't even my favorite bird. Still, it's such a good shot -- so sharp and perfect. Your trip to Sturgeon Bay sounded like a bonanza. Being part of the authors day will be so much fun. I'm so proud of you for not only writing those books but for getting out there and marketing them. Good girl!! Go to the head of the class!!!