Wednesday, March 29, 2023

One Mitten

I finished the first Marl Mitten this evening. There's a fine line between just enough thumb and too much thumb. I tried it on a few times, measured a lot, but I think I got it just right. One down, one to go.


And here's the beginning of mitten number two. Just a few rounds of knit 1, purl 1 ribbing but it's a start.


The Cardinal was back at the feeder this morning. The sun shone but it was cold and windy today so I didn't make myself go out and fill the feeders.



At the same time a female Downy Woodpecker spent some time prospecting for seeds or nuts in the seemingly empty feeder. I sure do like the way those birds look.


As promised, in the Daily Practice there were butterflies. Not exact replicas of real butterflies like I was afraid of but imaginative butterflies. Whew. They were fun to invent and paint. The only thing I should have done different was to start at the bottom of the paper and paint my way up so that the bottom butterflies were drier when it was time to add bodies, decorations, and antennae. Or maybe I should have started at the top of the paper. I'll figure it out. Next time. Tomorrow it's birds. I let the next lesson start playing while clearing away the paint and brushes. Seems like she's painting birds the way they look in real life. I think I'm in trouble.



I turned to the next flower in 10-Steps: Flowers to find a Delphinium. It looked too hard but once again I took my time and erased a lot and got the job done.


I got an early delivery of 10 copies of Horizon today. They were supposed to come next Tuesday. I can't figure out how the printing and shipping of author copies works. Sometime it takes the full two weeks and other times, like this time, it's barely a week. I noticed that some of the back covers of the books have a narrow yellow edge, not all of them, just some of them. So I went back into Cover Create and made the cover photo a tiny big bigger so that won't happen again. Now I have a good supply of all three of my titles so that if I sell lots at the Market I won't be caught short.

I got a call from the local used bookstore where my books are the other day saying that she sold one and owed me a check. I hurried right over yesterday, bought a couple kids books, and picked up my check which was not even a dollar more than I'd spent but I didn't care. She sold one!

I also got a paintbrush today that I ordered three weeks ago that has been inching it's way here from Indiana. I should have checked what class it was shipped under so that I can avoid it like the plague. I'm so spoiled getting things in a couple days with Prime shipping that it was painful and puzzling for the paintbrush to take so long.

--Barbara

1 comment:

Aunt Barb said...

Amazon has a warehouse real close to us here in Ft. Myers so I'm used to getting whatever I've ordered in the twinkling of an eye. Ebay and Etsy take longer but that doesn't stop me from shopping! Nothing does! Love your delphinium drawing.