Monday, June 13, 2011

Not My Night

As far as writing goes, anyway. WWKIP Day went well and my hummus was a hit. I was peeved that I'd spent too much on the bags of pita chips and most of them were broken, but that's my problem. I should have done what I did in February and cut up some actual pita breads and toast them, but I thought the bought ones would be better. Wrong! I got my ankle sock finished last night before bedtime too. Now I can cast on a new one at work today--after I measure, mark and cut out pieces to sew a car trash bag, that is, which means I should hurry this along so I can go downstairs and pick out fabrics. It's hard to cut the pieces out if you leave the cloth at home. Next you're going to see something I rarely experience, lack of words or ideas.

June 12--Egypt, Thebes, Valley of the Kings, Artist's Sketch of Pharaoh Spearing a Lion.

How can I make that fat little coward look brave? Noth the artist on the tomb project had been sketching for days.
~~~~~~

Golden sands shift in hot winds
reveal the corner of stone
paint still dark after millennia
Pharaoh hunting
he and his dog
against a lion
~~~~~

Well, okay then. We'll be hoping for more and better tonight, won't we? Monday well.
--Barbara

No comments: